Do you live in a conservation area or have a much loved old building? Well VELUX have provided the solution to help you transform your beautiful old building into a light filled glorious space without spoiling any of its lovely features. In developing the GGL (Centre Pivot) or GPU (Top-Hung) VELUX Conservation Windows, stringent planning regulations for conservation areas were taken into account which is why the VELUX Conservation Roof Window is a first choice where the local planning authority insist on windows that complement a beautiful old building. And they don’t just look beautiful they also bring ‘shed’ loads of light and a new lease of life into fabulous old structures. Better still the Conservation rooflite is easy to install and comes as a package with:
• Internal white painted finish
• Toughened outer and laminated inner double glazing (--70)
• Includes glazing bar
• Rotates 180°and locks in place for easy cleaning of outer pane.
• For roof pitches between 20º - 90º
• Flashing - if a recessed flashing is needed for the more traditional finish then it is either the SD5N2 for slate or the SD5J2 for tiles up to 90mm.
• Insulation collar (BDX 2000) and under felt collar (BFX 1000) enhancing the energy efficiency with the excellent ThermoTechnology®
• Comfort of VELUX’s 10 year guarantee.
The VELUX GPL Top-Hung skylite is the perfect choice for loft conversions where the windows need to be within easy reach. You get a panoramic view and a sense of being part of that panorama as the window opens outwards and gives an unobstructed view. It also increases the felling of spaciousness inside. The Top-Hung roof light can also be used as an emergency escape but with its classic black finish and striking glazing bar it also fits discreetly into the roof of an old building. It’s worth being aware though that some planning authorities do not insist on the black finish. In this case the standard grey finish VELUX roof window can create the desired look as long as you install a glazing bar, which can be bought separately.This obviously can be a financial saving.