Picking and fitting a Dakea windows.
Posted by Lawrie Fraser on 23rd February 2023
Dakea windows are high-quality roof windows that provide excellent insulation, durability, and ease of installation. They are manufactured by the Hungarian company ALTATERRA, which is part of the VKR group.
Dakea windows are designed to fit into most roof structures, making them an ideal choice for both residential and commercial buildings. They come in a wide range of sizes, from small to large, so you can find the perfect fit for your roof.
One of the key features of Dakea windows is their energy efficiency. They are designed to provide excellent thermal insulation, which helps to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This can help to reduce your energy bills and make your home more environmentally friendly.
Another benefit of Dakea windows is their durability. They are made from high-quality materials and are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, such as heavy rain, wind, and snow. This means that they are a long-lasting investment that will provide value for years to come.
If you're considering installing Dakea windows in your home, here are some steps to help you get started:
- Measure the roof opening: Before you purchase your Dakea windows, you'll need to measure the roof opening to ensure that you get the right size. You'll need to measure the width and height of the opening, as well as the depth to determine how thick the window frame needs to be.
- Choose the right type of window: Dakea windows come in several different types, including fixed, manually operated, and electrically operated windows. Consider your needs and budget when choosing the type of window that is right for you.
- Prepare the roof opening: Before you install the window, you'll need to prepare the roof opening. This may involve removing tiles or slates and cutting away any excess roofing material to create a space for the window.
- Install the window frame: Once the opening is ready, you can install the window frame. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure that the frame is installed properly and securely.
- Install the sash: The sash is the part of the window that opens and closes. Install the sash according to the manufacturer's instructions, making sure that it fits snugly and operates smoothly.
- Install the flashing: The flashing is a weatherproof material that sits around the window frame and prevents water from getting into the roof. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to install the flashing properly.
- Install the finishing touches: Once the window is securely in place, you can install the finishing touches such as trims and seals. These will help to ensure that the window is watertight and provides good insulation.
Dakea windows can come in:
C2A - 55cm (W) x 78cm (H)
C4A - 55cm (W) x 98cm (H)
M4A - 78cm (W) x 98cm (H)
M6A - 78cm (W) x 118cm (H)
M8A - 78cm (W) x 140cm (H)
S6A - 114cm (W) x 118cm (H)
In summary, Dakea windows are an excellent choice for anyone looking to bring natural light and fresh air into their home while also improving its energy efficiency and durability. They come in a wide range of sizes and types, making it easy to find the perfect fit for your roof. When installing Dakea windows, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure a secure and watertight installation that will provide value for years to come.