Many people don’t realise that the VELUX top-hung window is dual operation, meaning it can be both centre-pivot and top-hung!
One of the most common questions we get asked is either how to clean your top-hung window or issues where the builder has installed the top-hung window and left it in the centre-pivot position.
In this blog we have easy instructions on how to move your window from a top-hung position to centre-pivot and then back again.
Moving the window from Top-Hung position to Centre-Pivot:
- First, ensure the window is fully closed before beginning.
- Open the handle up, but do not push out.
- Then pull the vent bar down fully, until the sash is fully rotated 180°
- Secure the position by sliding the barrel bolts into the holes at either side of the bottom of the frame.
Returning the window back to its original position:
- First slide the barrel bolts back out of the holes to their original position.
- Rotate the window back 180°
- Close the window fully
- Ensure the vent bar is shut
- Open the window with the bottom handle and push out – it should now be in a top-hung position
Check out this VELUX video on our YouTube channel which shows exactly how to move your window in to the centre-pivot position for cleaning.
If you are still struggling with how to operate the VELUX Top-Hung Window you can contact VELUX directly on 01592 778 225.