The VELUX Single Flashings are used to install one roof window and are suitable for the following roofing materials:
- Tiles up to 120mm in profile (EDW)
- Plain Tiles up to 15mm thick & 300mm long (EDP)
- Slate up to 8mm thick (EDL)
- Uncertain on your roofing type - use this guide to help you find out.
You need a minimum roof pitch of 15 degrees when using the EDW or EDL flashings and you need a minimum roof pitch of 25 degrees when using the EDP flashing.
VELUX Window Flashings are essential for the installation of your roof window and come in a variety of different materials and sizes to suit your window.
Based on your roofing material you are able to select the flashing that is best suited to you. The different types of materials are as follows:
- Tiles up to 120mm in profile, min roof pitch 15°
- Plain tiles up to 15mm thick, 300mm long, min roof pitch 25°
- Slate up to 8mm thick, min roof pitch 15°
If you don't have one of the above roofing materials please contact us.
The flashing is the only essential component to install your window as it makes it weather proof. However, we offer the option of inlcuding a BDX 2000 insulation and underefelt collar. Although this isn't essential it's nice to have as the insuation collar helps reduce heat loss and the underfelt collar ensures a weather tight seal and includes a transverse gutter which leads water away from the head of the roof window if a tile or slate is broken above the window.
- Tiles up to 120mm in profile EDW Flashing Installation
- Download (2):
- Plain Tiles up to 15mm EDP Flashing installation
- Download (3):
- Slates up to 8mm thick EDL Flashing installation